The lovely and charming Lara of Little Magic Beans nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It really made my day.
My responsibility is now to nominate other lovely bloggers for the award and then let you in on some things you most likely don’t know about me. So without any further ado and in no particular order I hereby nominate:
Not Even a Bag of Sugar
Kylie shares her experiences of being a premmie mum and suffering post partum post traumatic stress disorder, raising money and allowing other premmie mums to share their stories.
Dust and Love
For his honesty in sharing what happens when a man becomes a dad, and his adorable stories about his darling daughter The Buggle.
For being able to celebrate her daughter’s short life so soon after losing her, raising awareness and money for the charities who gave her support, supporting other grieving parents and making the flowers grow.
Thoughts from the Kitchen Sink
Jo’s the mum of six beautiful children… SIX! Two of them have disabilities and not only does she find time to share her family’s life, always with a smile, but also does charity work.
Kaye Makes, Bakes, Creates
For making it ok not to find the time to craft while still doing fun things with the kids like having a picnic in your own garden, and when you do, making cool things from bits and pieces you already have at home.
Sleeping Should Be Easy
Nina has made a community for parents to share tips and motivate each other on the difficult road of parenthood, while telling us honestly about her own achievements and failures.
Now to me.
1. I have an irrational fear of bees and wasps. I’ll happily chase after spiders, scoop them up and put them outside, and being an Aussie the big hairy ones don’t bother me, but I start screaming and flap my arms wildly around in the presence of a bee or wasp.
2. I can say the alphabet backwards in under 5 seconds.
3. I must have chocolate in the house at all times. I don’t need to eat it and rarely do, but I feel more relaxed knowing it’s there if I do want some.
4. I hate cooking just for myself and will end up eating toast.
5. The thing I most miss about Australia apart from friends and family is the open space. I feel claustrophobic in Europe.
6. I hate getting old. Luckily I can easily pass as much younger than I am, but I hate feeling old when I’m running around with Nicholas.
7. I lived in Belfast for 6 months and still remember the Irish for ‘bookies’ and ‘well done’.
8. Even though I’m the happiest I’ve been for a very long time, I cry a lot. Time doesn’t heal all wounds regardless of the saying. The pain does soften with time, but it certainly doesn’t heal. Four and a half years later I still miss my daughter desperately, and sometimes having another child to love makes you feel the loss of your other child even more.
9. I find doing these sorts of things REALLY difficult. I’m sure I’ll wake up tomorrow thinking of something much more interesting and wishing I could have thought of it now!
Very kind of you, thank you very much 🙂
Fab blog, love it, had a read through some of your other post’s, beautiful recipes.
I was so sad to read about your daughter, time definitely does not heal all wounds. I was in tears reading about the loss of your daughter, much love to you.
I will take part in the award & pass the blog love on, it may take me a week or two but I will get a round to it 🙂
Thanks so much—recognition like this is something I don’t take lightly, I truly appreciate it and makes blogging all the more worthwhile!
Now please go and record yourself saying the alphabet backwards in under 5 seconds, as I am completely amazed at your skill! 🙂